Senior UX Researcher
United Kingdom, London, City of, LondonStrategy & Innovation
We are looking for an experienced and talented digital UX Researcher to join our growing UX and product team.
The Researcher is responsible for all aspects of research planning, recruiting, moderation, analysing and reporting for both generative (participatory design) and evaluation (usability testing) research. You will be using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will be comfortable working with data - from gathering and analysis through to presentation.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying and prioritising short-term and long-term research that delivers impact.
- Conducting research throughout the product life cycle. Using research to advocate for product changes on behalf of our products users.
- Delivering accurate and usable insights by using a wide variety of methods such as: field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing (remote and in person), ideation workshops, and any other methods you find impactful.
- Review, analyse, and communicate qualitative and quantitative data to produce strategic insights, and applicable recommendations that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy.
- Develop personas and stories to promote empathy with users among stakeholders.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research initiatives.
- Help build the process and toolkit for UX research including of above methods.
- Promoting user centered design principles and best practice across the organisation.
You will have:
- In-depth knowledge of driving impact through delivering actionable insights and follow through to their implementation.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of qualitative & quantitative research methods - comfortable working with social science statistics a big plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to have open, direct, and respectful conversations to reach the best possible design solutions as a team.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- 2+ years of experience in research related to software and digital experiences
- Previous experience with Data analytics and Sharepoint is desirable.
- Flexible remote working arrangement (3 days in the office, 2 days remote)
- 25 days annual leave (plus all bank holidays etc)
- Fantastic networking & learning opportunities as an agency that’s part of the Omnicom Group
- Departmental budget allocated for learning and development
- Great working space just behind the Tate Modern
- Pension scheme (with Aviva)
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Healthcare cashback plan through Medicash (after passing the 3 month probation)
- Full private healthcare and dental plan through Bupa (after 2 years of employment)
At HYD we specialise in end to end digital product innovation, design and development.
We work closely with our clients, sometimes deeply within their organisations, as a natural extension of their team - with a purpose to drive positive and impactful change.
HYD (formerly Mobile5) was established in 2011 as the first “Mobile First” agency in the UK, but over the past decade have evolved into a 360 degree digital product agency. We're also apart of Omnicom Media Group, which give us access to a wide variety of high profile clients such as Samsung, Canon, PlayStation, GSK, Jaguar, Renault Sport, Virgin Media, Greggs, Xbox, Microsoft, John Lewis, Waitrose, Stagecoach and many more.
We're also proudly working with a portfolio of Series A/B funded startups, launch to market and scale.
Culture & People
Even though we're part of a wider network, we like to work in small collaborative teams with a mixture of disciplines from the beginning of a project. Our workplace culture is open, and we steer away from having layers of hierarchy. Our team is friendly, social and genuinely driven by solving problems and producing high quality work.
We enjoy regular social outings together, and foster an environment that is inclusive and supportive. We have community run committees and interest groups across areas such as diversity and inclusion, gaming, book club, yoga, football, learning new skills to help our people connect outside of our day-jobs.
We're looking to continue to build a culture where we produce excellent work and have fun while doing it.