Senior UX/UI Designer
We are seeking a Senior UX/UI Designer to join the design team to design websites, apps, and digital interfaces. Projects can cover all stages from beginning to end including some or all aspects of wireframing, UI design, prototyping, branding, full-fidelity mockups, video demos, and developer handover. The role would involve reporting to the head of design as part of the design team but operating relatively independently, as designers are assigned projects and must work with the product teams to fulfill their briefs and deliver the required work to a high standard. The designer should be able to grapple with problem-solving challenges from multiple levels of a project to facilitate the creation of great products and be able to adapt to working circumstances that may vary significantly from each project.
- You must have a good eye for aesthetics, be able to work fast under some tight deadlines, have a good knowledge base underpinning your design decisions, and have an open attitude to take on new and different kinds of challenges.
Agency experience is a plus but not essential, this is due to the sometimes fast-paced nature of the work where multiple projects running simultaneously. If you’ve been in an agency or startup before, this environment should be familiar as there is not always the luxury of taking too much time on things!
Good communication skills are essential (verbal and non-verbal) as you will be working with different teams across the company and at times directly with clients too so must be able to communicate your ideas clearly, and engage productively with feedback.
- Ideally, you are already familiar with the leading design apps like Sketch, Figma, and Adobe XD. Familiarity with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite is also preferred (particularly Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign). Video/motion graphics and 3D capabilities would be a bonus for us.
HYD (formerly Mobile5) was established in 2011 in London and has worked on a range of different digital products and international clients across different industries. Starting with a heavy focus on mobile rich media ads built with HTML5, we have grown since then to also build larger and more complex products, as well as to grow a second team of native developers in Warsaw.
Highlights include multiple apps for Renault, Gatwick, and Canon; a redesigned website and new app for Greggs; a revamped website for Glyndebourne; a promotional gaming app for one of Pepsi’s campaigns; and a journey planning and ticketing app for Stagecoach. We also often work with startups to help establish their own brands and digital products, which allow for greater creative freedom.
Culture & People
HYD’s mission is to create digital products that truly have a positive impact on users, businesses, society, or the environment. Our workplace atmosphere is relatively casual while still being respectful. From time to time projects can become highly demanding, in which case everyone involved steps up to deliver more and support each other. However, there are perks that include monthly roundups that culminate in drinks out or activities (now remote, due to COVID. But fingers crossed the IRL events will come back soon). There’s also the summer and Christmas parties which are a blast, and the Warsaw and London teams come together for fun times.
We proudly follow a policy of inclusivity and diversity, so we welcome all applicants of any race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. A wider range of perspectives makes us stronger, and in terms of design allows us to be more empathetic and adaptable, ultimately creating better experiences!
- Flexible remote working arrangement (at the moment as long as you can work on the same timezone and be in London at 2 days notice, at your own expense, then we trust you can do your best work from anywhere)
- 25 days annual leave (plus all bank holidays etc)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Fantastic networking & learning opportunities as an agency that’s part of the Omnicom Group
- Departmental budget allocated for learning and development
- Great working space just behind the Tate Modern (when you need it + we can all return)
- Pension scheme (with Aviva)
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Healthcare cashback plan through Medicash (after passing the 3 month probation)
- ...and full private healthcare and dental plan through Bupa (after 2 years of emplyment)