Senior UX/UI Designer
United Kingdom, , LondonDesign
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join our growing design team designing websites, apps, and various digital interfaces.
Our projects cover all stages including some or all aspects of wire-framing, UI design, prototyping, branding, full-fidelity mockups, video demos, and developer handover.
This role would involve reporting to our Head of Design as part of the design team but operating relatively independently. As Senior UX/UI Designer, you will be assigned projects and work with our product team to fulfil briefs and deliver the required work to a high standard. You should be able to grapple with problem-solving challenges from multiple levels of a project to facilitate the creation of great products and be able to adapt to working circumstances that may vary significantly from each project.
- A good eye for aesthetics and ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines with a good knowledge base underpinning your design decisions
- An open attitude to try new, different kinds of challenges.
- Agency experience is a plus but not essential
- Good communication skills are essential (verbal and non-verbal) as you will be working with different teams across the company and at times directly with clients too so must be able to communicate your ideas clearly, and engage productively with feedback.
- Ideally, you are already familiar with the leading design apps like Sketch, Figma, and Adobe XD. Familiarity with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite is also preferred (particularly Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign). Video/motion graphics and 3D capabilities would be a bonus.
At HYD we specialise in end to end digital product innovation, design and development.
We work closely with our clients, sometimes deeply within their organisations, as a natural extension of their team - with a purpose to drive positive and impactful change.
HYD (formerly Mobile5) was established in 2011 as the first “Mobile First” agency in the UK, but over the past decade have evolved into a 360 degree digital product agency. We're also apart of Omnicom Media Group, which give us access to a wide variety of high profile clients such as Samsung, Canon, PlayStation, GSK, Jaguar, Renault Sport, Virgin Media, Greggs, Xbox, Microsoft, John Lewis, Waitrose, Stagecoach and many more.
We're also proudly working with a portfolio of Series A/B funded startups, launch to market and scale.
Culture & People
Even though we're part of a wider network, we like to work in small collaborative teams with a mixture of disciplines from the beginning of a project. Our workplace culture is open, and we steer away from having layers of hierarchy. Our team is friendly, social and genuinely driven by solving problems and producing high quality work.
We enjoy regular social outings together, and foster an environment that is inclusive and supportive. We have community run committees and interest groups across areas such as diversity and inclusion, gaming, book club, yoga, football, learning new skills to help our people connect outside of our day-jobs.
We're looking to continue to build a culture where we produce excellent work and have fun while doing it.
£45-55k dependent on experience.
- Flexible remote working arrangement (at the moment as long as you can work on the same timezone and be in London at 2 days notice, at your own expense, then we trust you can do your best work from anywhere)
- 25 days annual leave (plus all bank holidays etc)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Fantastic networking & learning opportunities as an agency that’s part of the Omnicom Group
- Departmental budget allocated for learning and development
- Great working space just behind the Tate Modern (when you need it + we can all return)
- Pension scheme (with Aviva)
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Healthcare cashback plan through Medicash (after passing the 3 month probation)
- Full private healthcare and dental plan through Bupa (after 2 years of employment)